Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"An Indonesian-Chinese stir-fry meal. All that you want in a meal. Delicious, fast, healthy, low calorie, and impressive. Serve it hot over white rice."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon white sugar
- add 1 large onion, cut into rings
- add 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- add 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- add 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- add 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- add 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- add 1/2 cup water
- add 1/2 medium head bok choy, chopped
- add 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- add 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with equal parts water
- add 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion until soft and translucent. Increase heat to high. Add chicken and marinade, then stir-fry until light golden brown, about 10 minutes. Stir in water, pepper and sugar. Add bok choy and broccoli, and cook stirring until soft, about 10 minutes. Pour in the cornstarch mixture, and cook until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.