Very filling, tasty, and easy to make. For best results, buy a good, very smokey bacon from a butcher shop.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- add 1 (354 ml) can evaporated 2% milk
- add 1 garlic clove
- add 3 tablespoons flour
- add 3 cups water
- add 3 cups potatoes
- add 6 slices bacon
- add 1 cup onions
- Fry bacon until crisp, and chop.Drain and use paper towel to soak up excess fat.
- In a large pot, sautee onion and garlic with 2 tbsp bacon drippings.
- Add potatoes, water, bouillon cubes to pot.
- Heat to boiling, then cover and simmer until potatoes are cooked, then add bacon.
- Mix flour with a small amount of evaporated milk, making a paste.
- Gradually stir in remaining milk.
- Add to potato mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Stir often to ensure the soup doesn't burn on the bottom of the pot.